Indoor Air Quality
Breathe Easy. It’s a TORLYS Smart Floor.
The patented Uniclic® joint makes your new TORLYS Smart Floors a no-mess, no-hazard to install. Why? There is no need for chemical glues or nails, and installation creates virtually no dust.
Our Smart Floors contain no harmful VOCs. Our floors also meet or exceed stringent standards as set out by California (Section 01350) indoor air quality standards – among the most stringent in the world.
TORLYS products contribute to LEED® credits in new construction, commercial interiors and existing buildings in three categories:
- materials and resources
- indoor environmental quality
- innovation and design process.
“We reduce the amount of resources needed to make our products. We use recycled cork, leather and wood in our floors and offer floors that are FSC® Certified from responsibly managed forests. We even encourage customers to re-use or re-purpose their TORLYS floors. At TORLYS, we’re inspired by nature in our journey to create a smaller footprint. We urge you to rethink the way you look at flooring too.” ~ Peter Barretto, CEO and President
Reduced Footprint Mandate
TORLYS follows a Reduced Footprint Mandate that includes:
- adhering to environmental principles of Reduce, Reuse and Renew
- meets or exceeds the world’s strictest Indoor Air Quality standards
- contributes to LEED® certification
TORLYS is committed to creating a smaller footprint. All TORLYS Hardwood floors, for instance, are designed and engineered to use less hardwood in the manufacturing process. With our floors, thirty times more hardwood flooring is produced from a single tree when compared with 3/4” solid hardwood.
Recycled resources are used in most TORLYS smart floors:
- The cork used in our cork floors and the attached cork underlay used in most other TORLYS floors comes from 100% recycled cork.
- In our Leather flooring, we use 100% recycled leather; a process that reclaims and recycles leather from belts, purses, jackets and shoes.
Also important – the durability of our high-quality Laminate. The longer a floor lasts, the better for the environment, and our laminate planks contain up to 79% recycled wood.
The integrity of the Uniclic® joint means:
- No glue, no nails – a remarkably tight fit, easy installation.
- For residential installations, the entire floor can be reused up to 3 times (see warranty for details) without harming the joint or the adjoining surfaces – beautiful floors are easily moved and reused.
Cork is an extraordinary, renewable wood resource. Cork floors are made without cutting down cork oak trees. Cork bark is carefully harvested in a centuries-old tradition that ensures forests remain undamaged. In addition, TORLYS cork innovations include the use of recycled cork.
Other products and features that make a unique difference:
- Uniclic® joints that fit with industry-leading tightness AND facilitate easy replacement with the Bulldog™ Tool.
- Natural Glow Eco-friendly Cleaning Kit – biodegradable, no VOCs, and fragrance free.
- Touch up kits for minor mishaps.
TORLYS Bulldog™ Easy Plank Replacer. A Builder’s Best Friend.
TORLYS Bulldog™ Plank Replacer is a unique innovation, exclusive to TORLYS, that allows you to replace a damaged plank easily and quickly, not your entire floor.
FSC® Certified Flooring
All TORLYS Cork Floors are FSC® (Forest Stewardship Council®) certified ensuring the wood used in the manufacturing of these floors comes from responsibly managed forests.
TORLYS and CorkPlus™ Innovation
Most TORLYS Smart Floors are designed with unique environmental innovations like CorkPlus™ attached cork underlay, a renewable wood resource that adds warmth, acoustic insulation and comfort; and Microban® antimicrobial protection that is integrated into the cork backing.