It's easy to get excited about the variety of flooring choices before you, but don't forget to ask these questions when you are at the flooring retail store.
Flooring Product Information
- What are the strengths of one flooring product choice versus another?
- What are the warranties for each flooring product?
- Is this flooring easy to maintain?
- Is this flooring easy to install?
- What is the installing method for this type of flooring?
- Is this flooring easy to repair?
- If it’s an “engineered/ floating” flooring, what is the joint system?
- Can I take a flooring sample home to view in the room? (You can also order a sample before you visit a store)
- Your home's lighting affects the color you see on any flooring, so be sure to ask your retailer for flooring samples to view in your home before making your final selection.
- Can I take home some flooring brochures?
- What kind of underlay is required for this flooring?
- What is the installation procedure for this flooring?
- What do I have to do to my current floors before installation?
- How quickly will my flooring be installed?
- Is there an additional fee for that?
Flooring Costs and Charges
- How do I calculate how much flooring I'll need?
- Does the price include flooring installation? If not, what are the charges and procedures for flooring installation?